Thursday, April 7, 2011

God Doesn't Need My Help Driving!!

It occurred to me this morning how arrogant I've been, even when I imagine I'm being humble and giving God the wheel. For years, I've prided myself on thinking, "God is my co-pilot". Do I really imagine God needs my help to guide the plane, the journey, the road trip?

I've been pondering what it would look like if I offered to keep our vehicle ready for the road trip...




But what would happen if I REALLY let Him have total control? If I got out of the driver's seat, the co-pilot's seat.... if I just hopped in the back seat and enjoyed the ride? How about in this cool car? :-)




Definitely cool color and style.... but I think we might like to ride with the windows down, enjoying the breeze...


Wow, could you see sitting in the back seat of this, enjoying the breeze, enjoying giving control over to your Heavenly Father? Trusting Him to have your back, to watch for the pot holes, the snares, the troubles, to know that He would lovingly stay on course for you while letting you relax and tell Him what's on your mind, your heart?

I think He knows that sometimes, much as I want to, I'm still going to wrestle the wheel away from Him and make some really prideful, ill advised choices. I believe His heart breaks for me when I make such a choice, because He knows the pain it will cause ME. :-(

I think, just for today, I will lovingly and willingly give my pride and will over to Him and let Him have control.

I can't wait to see where we'll go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment