Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Heavenly Viewing Spots

It's such a beautiful evening; after a day of downpours threatening to send cats and dogs floating by!



I have the windows open, listening to the birds outside while there's a classical concert playing on the radio. For me, it doesn't get much better than that. The thing is, I don't always get to sit by my favorite window seat - there are two felines who take up residence there whenever possible. :-)  I have to ask permission to enjoy the view!


That's if I'm even allowed to sit at the table...


Buddy can be awfully territorial!






For tonight, they're allowing me a spot at the window.... thanks Mavis and Buddy! Buddy's the boy.... Mavis is our princess.



I got my journal out tonight to write some thoughts while listening to the birds. It's interesting what words come to the surface when you quiet yourself down and listen. Sometimes I hear the whisperings of God, sometimes it's the birds. Tonight it feels like God is telling me to slow down and take life easy.

I have this penchant for not being able to enjoy life when it's going along smoothly. There's something in there that seems determined to get me to sign up for too many activities, show up for too little sleep, eat too much nutritionally empty food. It's an ongoing effort to remind myself that I'm worth more than that. I deserve sleep, healthy food and a schedule not designed for SupercrazedSquirrelWoman.

Time to start listening for the words meant to go into my journal tonight. If they're anything extraordinary, I may share them with you.

Blessings :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment