Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Kiss Is Just A Kiss... Even If He Was A Piggie :-)



I'm starting to enjoy this blogging business.  Now, whether anyone reading it enjoys it, who knows? But I'm having fun :-) 

I learned that today (March 16th) is Lips Appreciation Day. Which got me to thinking... I don't really give my lips much notice. They're just sort of  "there".  But then I realized without my lips, it wouldn't be nearly so easy to drink a cup of coffee. I'm not sure how, exactly, I'd get my brew in.  Just toss it and hope it hits the mark?  Seems kind of iffy...

Then I remembered another time, many years ago, when my lips came in really handy.  There was a festival called "Days of Swine and Roses" and a good squirrel never misses a chance to celebrate her swine brothers and sisters (especially at Easter with a Honey baked Ham... but I digress).  This particular event honored all things piggie.  There was a Miss Piggy Look Alike Competition (can't say I'd want to go home bragging that I won the trophy for looking like a pig), Pig Races, Pig Souvenirs, and MY favorite contest of the day - a Pig Kissing Contest!  I was younger then and loved piggies, so I thought, "Why not?" It helped that they were baby pigs - freshly bathed and each had a generous sprinkle of baby powder administered directly before the smooching began. 


I'd never kissed a four footed pig before.  All I had to do was crouch down, put my face by the fence, the pig was put in its little stall and I was told to pucker up.


Yeah.... know what happens when you put your lips up to a wee squiggly piggie?  The little bugger gets way excited and shrieks out a pig call, at the same time sucking in your lips like he was an old fashioned wringer washer.  It took some convincing to get him to let go of my lips!  By now I was laughing so hard, the poor thing was probably wondering what he'd got himself into!


Well, I didn't win the trophy.  But I took away one heck of a memory :-)  

So, show some appreciation to your wonderful lips today and lay a little lip lock on someone you love. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment